Yeah, that’s right, I carry a “man bag.” Technically, a messenger bag. You got a problem with that? I’m not trying to be a hipster or fashionable. I carry my bag for the same reason women carry purses, because there’s crap I wanna carry around.
There are certain items that I like to have with me, and ya can’t wear cargo pants everyday, right? I don’t think I need to justify my satchel choices anymore than that, but if you need further evidence that it’s a good idea to carry, I submit the following bad ass examples:
So here is a list of all of the stuff that I carry around with me in my Ultra Manly, Testosterone Infused Messenger Bag:
- Bible – Yes, call me a corny, but I believe that a man needs to carry his Sword everywhere.
- Camcorder – Because Bigfoot is out there.
- Glucometer – My son is diabetic. It’s nice to have a backup.
- Pens and Highlighters – It’s OK to write in your Bible.
- Tylenol – Don’t have time for headaches.
- Vitamins – Because I’m old.
- Deodorant – For your benefit. You’re welcome.
- Grooming Kit – My lady doesn’t like long fingernails or random facial hair.
- Visine Allergy Drops – I like to see.
- Flashlight – Again, I like to see.
- Multi-tool – Be prepared.
- Zippo – Fire doesn’t start itself.
- Business Cards – Because people have horrible memories.
- Phone Charger – Usually others use it more than me. (Not shown)
- Ipod Charger – I’m a podcast junkie. (Not shown)
So there it is. Guys, you know there are things that you would like to carry around but don’t have enough pockets and you know you’d be even less manly if you put things in your wife’s purse. Here’s a good place to start looking for your first man bag. (Affiliate)